If you choose to use our Service and products, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation with this policy. The Personal Information that we collect is used for providing and improving the Service and products.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages, products and other data, images and content that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Whenever you visit our Site we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, referring/exit pages, and other statistics.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or other payment types you may submit), email address, and phone number. We may also request information on your birthdate, pets name, pets age and pets species which is optional. In addition, you may be offered to be included in our news and email campaigns, this is also optional. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Information that we collect generally to make improvements to the Site.
We want to inform our Service and Product users that we may employ third-parties to aid in provisioning services and products. These third parties may have access to some or all of your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose. More specificially we use the Information to:
- Facilitate our Services and Products;
- Provide a Service or Product on our behalf;
- Assist us in analyzing how our Service or Site is used;
- Communicate with you;
- Invitations to trial services or products;
- Retarget relevant advertisements that are personalised for you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, we may provide you with:
- Information or advertising relating to our products or services including but not limited to on the Site, by email and to your postal address.
- Special offers or ‘gifts’ for your birthday or your pets.
- Products or services tailored to your pets.
- Fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site.
- You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use FaceBook pixels on our Site pages that enables Facebook to place cookies on your browser. Facebook can identify you and serve you with messages from us.
- To opt out of Facebook targeting Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads.
We use MailChimp to create, send and manage email campaigns. You can opt out of our mailing list at any time by choosing the ‘unsubscribe’ service on the email you received from an beardeddragonsworld.com email campaign.
Other cookies that may be used:
- Opt Out – https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en-GB
- Opt Out – https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
- Opt Out – https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy#section-your-options
- Opt Out – https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-gb/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links above. Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our Site uses “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Service and Products. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada, Australia and the United States.
You cannot opt out of emails that are part of provisioning a service or product, resolving a dispute or other transactions as part of business that you have initiated until that business has been concluded.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Our Site and Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 18. In the case we discover that a child has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please send a message via the contact us form.